About Us

Follow along with us on our travels with our motor home. Minnesota is our home, but we go south for the winter. Yes, we are Snowbirds. We love traveling and want to share our experiences with you. This will be our third time traveling south to avoid the cold Minnesota winters. Our travels began in late October with the first destination of Concord, New Hampshire, and New Haven, Connecticut, to visit family before heading south and will eventually get to Arizona before returning to Minnesota in April.

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Quartzsite Shoppers Prayer

The Quartzsite Shoppers Prayer
by Elton Mellum 2012

Now I lay me down to sleep
Help me decide what to keep

Should it be the box of rocks
Or the brand new Tennessee socks

My partner says I have enough
But then keeps buying more and more stuff

My RV is running out of space
Help me Lord the truth to face

But certainly Lord it can't hurt
To buy another cheap "T" Shirt

The auction sale is just divine
For another bid it can be mine

And the craft sale is full of things
How can it hurt to buy Quartz earrings

Lord, how can I get to sleep
With all the things I want to keep

The moon is full the stars are bright
It's another Quartzsite night

But I must get going by dawn
Or all the good stuff might be gone

Some would say this is just greed
But Lord, I believe it's what I need

And should it all end before I wake
Help me to decide what to take

For I suppose everything will be here
When I return again next year

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Appreciated